The Comprehensive Tuition Fee Includes:
- Full tuition
- Program-integrated study tours in Portugal. Some overnight stays and group meals are also provided on the study tours
- Local events and some guided tours in Lisbon
- Use of SiPN member-school facilities, including fully staffed libraries and computer labs with support service
- Permanent academic records and a Final Grade Report (see below for School of Record information)
- Administration of all academic elements of the program
- ALL SiPN students are covered by AON Travel and Health Insurance policy that is tailor-made for students studying abroad. It provides coverage for everything from a stolen laptop, to lost luggage, to dental, emergency and routine medical coverage.
- Internship placement support for those attending our Summer sessions
The Comprehensive Housing/Student Affairs Fee Includes:
- Group pick-up at the airport upon arrival during SiPN-scheduled arrival hours
- Monthly Lisbon transport pass for access to all city-wide metro, buses and trolleys, recharged monthly during the term of your session.
- Administration of housing & student affairs activities.
- Comprehensive medical, accident, and travel insurance. Click here for full details on your coverage
- Pre-departure information materials
- Full orientation week activities for new arrivals
- SiPN Buddy Program
- Cultural and social events organized in Lisbon
- SiPN provides a SIM card with free SMS/calls to other portuguese numbers (SiPN staff use Portuguese phones). This option will require a student to top up the card with €9/month,to keep using it, first month is free of charge). This simcard will only be of any use if the phone is unlocked. Please double check with your carrier to understand if the device is an unlocked one or not). If not, you can buy a smart phone in Portugal for as low as 75USD.
- It is up for the student to use this option that we provide, or to find another alternative in the market. What SiPN does require is a phone number that can be used to get in contact with the student at all times.
SiPN Housing Residence Facility
- Furnished room, towels, blanket, pillow, and bed linen
- Kitchen equipment, dishes, and utensils
- Shared kitchen access for food storage and preparation
- A dedicated On-Site Program Coordinator to help resolve any potential housing issues
- Maintenance of room and furnishings
- Laundry access for washing machines at your residence, access to dryer racks/clotheslines
- Weekly cleaning of common areas and shared baths
SiPN Summer Program Fees include all of the above together, depending on how many ECTS credits the student takes each session.
Note: SiPN-arranged housing is included during mid-semester breaks for those staying for the entire academic year.
Independent (Self-arranged) Housing
You are allowed to arrange your own housing in Lisbon, however we do not encourage you to do this. SiPN cannot assist with rental disputes, security deposits, furnishings, bedding, or any of the sundy other issues that can pop up when opting out of our pre-arranged housing setup. The deadline for switching from SiPN-arranged housing to self-arranged housing is one month prior to arrival. If you switch after this deadline, no refunds will be made to our program fee, which includes housing.
*Please Note: Semester students who opt-out of SiPN’s housing will still be charged a portion of the Housing & Student Affairs fee of $750. This fee covers services from Student Affairs such as comprehensive medical, accident and liability insurance, airport pickup and orientation week activities, 24-hour emergency staff support, a local cell phone, the monthly transport pass and various social and cultural events, as well as support and counseling.
*Please Note: Summer students who opt-out of SiPN’s housing will receive a discount of $375 per summer session that they wish to stay in Portugal with SiPN. This amount will be reflected on the final invoice.